Pottery & Clay forms Introduction for Kids • 10+
Learn how to use the pottery wheel and hand build.
This beginner clay pottery workshop is perfect for kids who are looking to try a range of ceramics techniques.
During this workshop, the kids will learn how to throw on the pottery wheel and hand build with the guidance of our friendly teacher all in a relaxed creative space for a fun learning experience, where all materials are provided. Every project covers a topic so the kids will follow easily the steps-by-steps to finally take home their favourite projects.
After the class, the ceramic pieces still need to be glaze fired in a kiln, this makes the ceramics functional and usable. Once the pieces are fired, you will be able to pick them up from our studio two weeks after.
Children will enjoy a safe and relaxed creative space for a this learning experience.
If you are looking for summer school holidays activities in Sydney, check out all our kids workshops here, as they will discover and enhance their creativity, make new friends and take home all their own projects.
- Perfect for beginners!
- The use of our high-quality equipment and tools.
- Enough clay to create a range of pieces.
- Firing and glazing of your two favourites pieces.
- Fired pieces will be ready for pick up at Maker's Loft two weeks after.
- Recess, lunch and water bottle
- Dress for Mess
- This project is not recommended for students with long or acrylics nails
- Closed toe shoes, comfortable clothes you're okay with getting clay on and are loose fitting to allow you to sit close to the wheel. We suggest long hair is tied back and jewellery such as rings, bracelets and watches are removed before the class.
- From ages 10 to 16 years old.
- This is an indoor activity.
Creative Kids Voucher
- We're a creative kids provider
- Your creative kids credit will be applied to an existing order, so be sure to book before completing our form.
- Please note: Your credit will be processed once we have your voucher validated via Services NSW