Intermediate Sewing • 12+
Create machine sewing projects following a pattern.
If you have had some previous exposure to machine sewing and are ready to take it a little further, this will be the class for you. continue the fun with our intermediate sewing, textiles and design course in Sydney!
You will be given a basic pattern to follow to make such things as a tote bag with lining, a zippered pouch with lining or something else useful. We try to come with different 'on trend' projects each holiday. You will learn little tricks of the trade in cutting, pinning and machine sewing.
We take no more then 8 students in this class so there will be plenty of attention to focus on techniques for finishing touches and troubleshooting with the guidance of an experienced teacher.
Students that have their own sewing machine are welcome to bring it as this will help them build confidence using the machine and will make them more likely to continue sewing at home. (please ensure the machine is in good working order before bringing it to a class)
Students will enjoy a safe and relaxed creative space for this learning experience.
If you are looking for school holiday activities in Sydney, check out all our holiday workshops here, as they will discover and enhance their creativity, make new friends and take home all their own projects.
- Must have basic knowledge of threading and using a sewing machine
- This course can be a follow on from our Beginners Sewing course.
What you'll get
- All materials required for the project
A quality project to take home
- Recess, lunch and water bottle
- Your enthusiasm and creativity!
- Optional: Your own machine. Please arrive 15 minutes early if you're bringing your own machine.
- Dress to be comfortable.
- High school students (12 years or older).
Creative Kids Voucher
- We're a creative kids provider
- Your creative kids credit will be applied to an existing order, so be sure to book before completing our form.
- Please note: Your credit will be processed once we have your voucher validated via Services NSW