Brush Lettering & Bubbles • Evening
Learn brush lettering techniques
Have you always wanted to learn brush lettering but just didn't know where to start?
Come and join me as I teach you the basics of brush lettering. This workshop is for beginners but anyone is welcome to join. Here you will learn about the different types of materials used in brush lettering such as brush pens, paint brushes, mediums and paper.
We'll cover various techniques so you can learn to create your own lettering style.
We start by practicing the basic strokes of brush lettering. This will introduce you to how strokes are formed in each letter of the alphabet. We then move on to both upper and lowercase letters using the basic strokes we learnt. Each letter is deconstructed so you can see how each letter is formed. Lastly, we will learn how to connect letters to form words and phrases.
After you have completed this workshop, you will have learnt the following:
- Introduction to brush lettering
- Type of materials used
- The different types of strokes
- Learnt how to use the strokes in the uppercase and lowercase letters
- Learnt how to form words and phrases
Attendees will get
- Booklet - Beginners Guide to Brush Lettering (includes Introduction to brush lettering, uppercase and lowercase A-Z alphabet guide with practice sheets, numbers and connecting words practice sheets
- x1 Paint Brush (Round)
- x1 Ink Pot
- Plenty of paper to write on
- An emailed copy of the booklet so you can print this anytime you want to practice
All you need to bring is your favourite quote or phrase you would like to work with so we can practice writing this at the end of the lesson.
Attendees should bring
- Bring comfortable clothes
- We will be working with black ink so please dress accordingly
- During COVID we're asking everyone to bring their own refreshments
- Bring your own refreshments (bubbles) & snacks
Knowledge / skills required
- Perfect for beginners!
- Ideal for 18+
- Teens can join in conjunction with 18+ booking.
- 3 hour Event
- Please send us a group booking request form to book a date and time
- 3 hour Event