Pottery Introduction • 10+
Learn how to use the pottery wheel and hand build.
This beginner pottery workshop is perfect for kids who are looking to try a range of pottery techniques.
During this course, the kids will learn how to throw on the pottery wheel and hand build with the guidance of our friendly teacher all in a relaxed creative space for a fun learning experience, where all materials are provided. Every project covers a topic so the kids will follow easily the steps-by-steps to finally take home their two favourite projects.
Don't let your 'Creative Kids' voucher go to waste (submit upon booking).
After the class, the ceramic pieces still need to be glaze fired in a kiln, this makes the ceramics functional and usable. Once the pieces are fired, you will be able to pick them up from our studio two weeks after.
We only take a small number of students per class, to ensure plenty of individual attention. Keep your kids busy and entertained during the school holidays with an experience filled with new friends, imagination, creative education and craft fun!
- Perfect for beginners!
- The use of our high-quality equipment and tools.
- Enough clay to create a range of pieces.
- Firing and glazing of your two favourites pieces.
- Fired pieces will be ready for pick up at Maker's Loft two weeks after.
- Recess, lunch and water bottle
- Dress for Mess
- Close-toed shoes, comfortable clothes you're okay with getting clay on and are loose-fitting to allow kids to sit close to the wheel. We suggest long hair is tied back and jewellery such as rings, bracelets and watches are removed before the class.
- From ages 10 to 16 years old.
- This is an indoor activity.