Pottery Introduction • Workshop
A pottery experience, using wheel throwing and hand building techniques
If you’ve wanted to try your hand at pottery and see if you like it, join us for a little taste of using the pottery wheel and hand-building with clay. We have this fantastic introduction to pottery class in Sydney you'll love!
Each group will complete two sessions. One session will be pottery wheel throwing and the other session will cover pottery hand building.
Focusing on learning the basics of both pottery techniques. Each person will have at least one thrown and one hand-built item to keep.
Note: This class does not include trimming.
After the workshop, your pottery will be fired in a kiln, making it stronger and creating a beautiful finish.
The completed products will be ready for collection from Maker’s Loft studio two weeks after.
Get together with work colleagues or friends over some pottery and wine. It’s perfect if you’re looking for rainy day activities in Sydney to try.
This class allows for BYO drinks and snacks. We will provide glasses and plates for your use.
Our lifestyle, art and craft studio in Cammeray, Sydney provides a relaxed creative space for our pottery workshop. With only eight students per class, you’ll be given plenty of individual attention so you can learn the basics much quicker.
When your hands are covered in clay, you need to focus on the moment which brings a mindfulness approach. The small-size class format will introduce you to the basics of wheel-thrown pottery, decoration and glazing. If you have always wanted to give pottery a go or reconnect with a past interest, then this might be just what you are looking for!
After the class, the ceramic pieces still need to be glaze fired in a kiln, this makes the ceramics functional and usable. Once the pieces are fired, you will be able to pick them up from our studio two weeks after.
We only have eight students per class, to ensure plenty of individual attention.
- Perfect for beginners or if you've done a little pottery before and looooved it.
- Suited to beginners and Intermediate!
- The use of our pottery equipment.
- Enough clay to create a range of pieces.
- Bisque firing of your two favourites pieces.
- Ceramic Paint, Glazes and final glaze kiln fire.
- Your own finished pottery to take home.
- Fired pieces will be ready for pick up at Maker's Loft two weeks after.
- Close toed shoes, comfortable clothes you're okay with getting clay on and are loose fitting to allow you to sit close to the wheel. We suggest long hair is tied back and jewellery such as rings, bracelets and watches are removed before the class.
- BYO refreshments and snacks
- Teens (must be 16 or older).
- 3 hours, in one session
- 3 hour Event
- Please send us a group booking request form to book a date and time