Pottery 3 day Course • 13+
Learn how to use the pottery wheel
This pottery course is perfect for your kids who have done some pottery (either hand building or throwing) and would like to take it to the next level. Perfect Teens who are doing it for the first time, but Intermediate students would greatly benefit from this perfect mindful experience.
During this three-session course, the kids will learn how to throw on the pottery wheel with the guidance our experiences ceramicist, all in a relaxed creative space for a fun learning experience.
All materials are provided. Every session covers a topic so the kids will follow easily the process of pottery from start to finish.
Day 1 (3 hours)
- Introduction to throwing: We will focus on important steps such as preparing the clay and learning how to centre the clay on the wheel.
Day 2 (2 hours)
- Trimming: Pretty up the pieces by fixing uneven edges, working on the foot and base and more! After this, they'll choose their two favourite pieces for bisque firing ready to design and paint their work in the last session.
Day 3 (2 hours)
- Design: Basic ceramic painting and design techniques. They'll unleash their creativity to decorate and paint their own ceramic bisque pieces ready for Glaze firing.
After the class, the ceramic pieces still need to be glaze fired in a kiln, this makes the ceramics functional and usable. Once the pieces are fired, you will be able to pick them up from our studio two weeks after.
We only have eight students per class, to ensure plenty of individual attention.
- Perfect for those who have done pottery and looooved it.
- Suited to beginners and Intermediate!
- The use of our pottery wheel and tools.
- Enough clay to create a range of pieces.
- Bisque firing of your two favourites pieces.
- Ceramic Paint, Glazes and final glaze kiln fire.
- Fired pieces will be ready for pick up at Maker's Loft two weeks after.
- Some fruit or a light snack.
- Closed toe shoes, comfortable clothes you're okay with getting clay on and are loose fitting to allow you to sit close to the wheel. We suggest long hair is tied back and jewellery such as rings, bracelets and watches are removed before the class.
- This project is not recommended for students with long or acrylics nails
- This class series runs over 3 days over the two week school holiday break.
- Teens (must be turning 13 to 18+.