Sculpt a Clay Totem Workshop • ONLINE
Online workshop with DIY craft box delivered to you
This is a Makers Box class! From the comfort of your home.
- Book or Request your preferred time
- We'll deliver a Box to you - this is a physical DIY craft box containing the materials you'll need. Shipping is free, and it should arrive within 14 days. We ship nationwide.
Enjoy the online class. For live stream, you'll receive a link to a Zoom meeting. On the day of the class, use that link to join the class. Class sizes are kept small, so you can easily ask questions and get immediate responses. Zoom is free and easy to use, on any device - smartphone, tablet or laptop. You're in control of your privacy - you can mute yourself and hide your webcam if and when you prefer.
💛 Each and every project box is personally packed, by us, with love, while taking full consideration for our delicate planet where possible 🌍
If you’re looking for fun virtual team building activity or family event, look no further! This live Zoom class will have you working in teams and teaches everyone how to sculpt their own unique portion of the team totem to eventually come together with the pieces from the rest of your team to tell the story of your 'tribe'.
Spilt up in teams of 4-6 people, as you work together to create a totem pole.
A team that communicates well in their design will likely end up with a streamlined totem, and a team that struggles to communicate will get a more random design. Either way the completed totem pole will be the talk of the office or family & friends.
At the beginning of the Zoom session basic clay sculpting techniques will be explained and shown by your teacher. Each individual in the group will create their own portion of the totem pole and sculpt it from clay. After sculpting, you will then paint your portion of the totem pole with the specialised ceramic paints provided in the kit.
We suggest you then leave your painted clay sculpture to dry for 4 days before securely packaging your creation back into the labeled box. We will coordinate with your team/family manager on the best solution for kiln firing the pieces.
Once all your pieces are fired, glazed and fired again we will assemble and ship your finished 'team totem' to your office (or address of choice) or Home. Your new creative sculpture will create a great centre piece in reception, board room, living room or even out in a courtyard.
Note: This project requires kiln firing to complete.
Please feel free to contact us if you'd like help in finding your local firing service or return your work to us for firing.
There are a range of options for firing your work:
- Use our firing services if you're in Sydney Metro area.
- Find a local firing services (feel free to contact us to point you in the right directions for this)
- We can supply Air-dry Clay and acrylic paints (for indoor only).
Get together with work colleagues, family & friends over some pottery and wine.
It’s perfect if you’re looking for an iso activity.
- Perfect for beginners & Intermediate Potters..
- Suitable for 8+. Recommended for 13+ & Adults.
- Clay 800g (Special request for Air-dry Clay)
- Canvas work mat
- Ceramic Paints (Acrylic paints for Air-dry Clay orders)
- Paint Brushes
- Water in bowl
- Hair dryer
- 2 hour Event
- Please send us a group booking request form to book a date and time