Pottery for Teens • 13+
Learn how to use the pottery wheel, Trim & design your ceramics (Strictly turning 13 or older)
This pottery workshop is perfect for your teens who have done some pottery (either hand building or throwing) and would like to take it to the next level, but don't worry if they're a first timer, they'll learn plenty on the day.
Intermediate students would greatly benefit from this perfect mindful experience.
During this full day workshop, students will learn how to throw on the pottery wheel, trim pottery pieces and design. All in a relaxed creative space for a fun learning experience.
All materials are provided. Every session covers a topic so the kids will follow easily the process of pottery from start to finish.
Children will enjoy a safe and relaxed creative space for a this learning experience.
If you are looking for school holidays activities in Sydney, check out all our holiday workshops here, as they will discover and enhance their creativity, make new friends and take home all their own projects.
- Introduction to throwing: We will focus on important steps such as preparing the clay and learning how to centre the clay on the wheel.
- Trimming: Pretty up the pieces by fixing uneven edges, working on the foot and base and more!
- Design: Basic ceramic painting, using underglazes to design their work. They'll unleash their creativity to decorate and paint their own ceramic pieces ready for firing.
After the class, the ceramic pieces still need to be fired twice in a kiln, this makes the ceramics functional and usable. Once the pieces are fired each class needs to get sorted and packed. You will be contacted when your pieces are ready to be picked up from our studio.
We only run this program for a small group of students per class, to ensure plenty of individual attention.
- Perfect for those who have done pottery and looooved it.
- Suited to beginners and Intermediate!
- The use of our pottery wheel and tools.
- Enough clay to create a range of pieces.
- Bisque firing and Glaze firing of your favourites pieces.
- Ceramic Paint (underglazes).
- Fired pieces will be ready for pick up at Maker's Loft when contacted
- Some fruit or a light snack for recess.
- Water bottle
- Closed toe shoes, comfortable clothes you're okay with getting clay on and are loose fitting to allow you to sit close to the wheel. We suggest long hair is tied back and jewellery such as rings, bracelets and watches are removed before the class.
- This project is not recommended for students with long or acrylics nails
- This class will cover three sessions in one day of the school holidays.
- Teens (MUST be turning 13 to 18+)
- Please contact us for age exemptions
Creative Kids Voucher
- We're a creative kids provider
- Your creative kids credit will be applied to an existing order, so be sure to book before completing our form.
- Please note: Your credit will be processed once we have your voucher validated via Services NSW