Private one on one Pottery Wheel Session
Looking for a private one on one Pottery lesson?
We offer private lessons for beginners and intermediate potters. Learn basic wheel throwing techniques or focus on particular skills you'd like to improve on.
If you’ve wanted to try your hand at pottery but don't want to join a group.
We have this very unique 1 on 1 private lesson, as either an introduction to pottery or intermediates wanting to improve their skills!
Beginners will be focusing on learning the basics of pottery on the wheel & trimming.
This session can be customised to focus on strengthening particular elements of your pottery journey
After the class, your pottery will be glazed and fired in a kiln, making it stronger and creating a beautiful finish.
The completed products will be ready for collection from Maker’s Loft studio once we contact you.
Our lifestyle, art and craft studio in Cammeray, Sydney provides a relaxed creative space for our pottery classes. As a one on one class, you’ll be given plenty of individual attention so you can learn the basics much quicker.
When your hands are covered in clay, you need to focus on the moment which brings a mindfulness approach.
If you have always wanted to give pottery a go or reconnect with a past interest, then this might be just what you are looking for!
After the class, the ceramic pieces still need to be glaze fired in a kiln, this makes the ceramics functional and usable. Once the pieces are fired each class needs to get sorted and packed. You will be contacted when your pieces are ready to be picked up from our studio.
- Perfect for beginners or if you've done a little pottery before and looooved it.
- Suited to beginners and Intermediate!
- The use of our pottery equipment.
- Enough clay to create a range of pieces.
- Pre thrown pieces to practice your trimming on.
- Bisque firing of your two favourites pieces.
- Ceramic Paint, Glazes and final glaze kiln fire.
- Your own finished pottery to take home.
- Fired pieces will be ready for pick up at Maker's once contacted.
- Closed toe shoes, comfortable clothes you're okay with getting clay on and are loose fitting to allow you to sit close to the wheel. We suggest long hair is tied back and jewellery such as rings, bracelets and watches are removed before the class.
- This project is not recommended for students with long or acrylics nails
- BYO refreshments and snacks
- Best suited to 18+
- Age 15+ accompanied by an adult are welcome.
- 4 hour Lesson